Thursday, July 28, 2011

Highlights of the Regency Era

Born to be Queen
Though it marks a very brief time in our journey through history, the Regency Period set the stage for some of the most dramatic reforms in English society and in the jewelry industry.

It was also this stage of my blogging journey that laid a foundation for some dramatic conversions in my writing process. It is was in my first post about Queen Victoria, Born to be Queen, that I found my potential to get bent out of shape by this dead woman.
Romance Reading
After a month of research and stringing you all along as I attempted to learn more about Victoria's father, I wrote Transition and A Royal Undertaking, both place fillers which actually served very much the same role as the Regency Period did in English society. The frustration of not having anything substantial to write about for over a month finally motivated me to move forward without all the information.

It was several weeks after writing these posts that I finally found a good resource on the life of the Duke of York, and I did write a post about him. Alas time had propelled me onward, and the piece was no longer befitting the direction my research had taken me. Perhaps I will find opportunity to publish it in another venue. I hope so. It's one of my favorites.

Underpinnings
After writing A Feudal Undertaking, I realized that I had embarked upon a futile undertaking. I had bogged us down in the history of a society it might take me a lifetime to truly understand, and I realized I was likely boring you, depressing you, or worse...both!

It would take me still a little longer to shake off the gloom of this period of history, but eventually a good talk with my mom and a new focus and vision drew me out of the muck. Curiously, more comments and more followers seemed to come as a result. Go figure!

If you've enjoyed this jaunt to the past, you will enjoy next week as well, when I take us on a quick sprint through the highlights of our exploration of the Victorian Era.

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment