Friday, March 30, 2012

On the Horizon

Copyright 2004, Victor Bregeda
Transformation

I've written the past couple of weeks about becoming the hero of your own story. In that courageous vein, I begin this post with thoughts of the future. Vintage Betrothal has been my primary writing location for the past two years. My heart is full of joy as I recall all that we've learned and all that we've shared. My mind quickly conjures the joys and sorrows of the queens of old, beautiful jewelry, and inspiring quotes. What a pleasant journey we have made together. 

If this is beginning to sound like a farewell note, that's because, in a way, it is one. Loathe to let this cozy place go, the future beckons with greater and greater pull, holding out the promises of bigger and better things on the horizon. Over the past few months, my pen has flown across the pages of my journal with business ideas, book ideas, writing projects, and inspirations for writing and for writers. I have worked tirelessly to find an organic way to blend all my different projects into one place, to lighten my load by working smarter rather than harder, and to bring you along for the journey.

Though I've wracked my brain to come up with a way to take Vintage Betrothal into the future with me, I just don't see how it's going to work. Some of the transitions I've pulled you through this past year have been abrupt, and others have been so subtle you may have missed them altogether. For this final transition, I wish it to be a smooth journey for both of us. Neither of us will miss this one, but we should be able to enjoy it along the way.

This first part of the transition is simple: By next week, Vintage Betrothal will have a brand new name: A Word in Season.

Eventually, A Word in Season will move from its familiar haven at Blogspot to a brand new space on my very own website. Though yesterday's web building session holds great promise for the future, it proves that creating a website is a slow and tedious process filled with joy and discouragement. Since it will be another few weeks before our new location is ready, I will continue to meet you here for our weekly visit.

On that grand day when we make the final transition to our new home, I will place a link here for you to follow. I believe you will truly enjoy the new site and all that it will offer you as a reader. Until then, I do hope you will join me here next week for the next leg of our transitional journey together.

Peace & Joy,
Angela

2 comments: