Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Short Sabbatical

Sabbatical

Hello faithful readers!

I am writing this week's post a little early, as starting tomorrow I am taking a short sabbatical from writing. First, I'd like to say thanks to all of you who thought of me and prayed for me this past week. I am sleeping!!! My daughter is still waking up once a night, but that's better than twice and I'm falling all the way asleep in between. I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes to actually be getting enough rest!

This brings me to why I'm taking a week off from writing. I have discovered in the past couple of years that I stink at multi-tasking. I am pretty sure I was really good at it at one point, or at least that's what I told myself and others. However, this skill has left the building. Perhaps my hard drive is just a little overloaded, and since I'm not real eager to perform any kind of memory dump I've decided that I need to just start concentrating on one thing at a time and giving it my full attention.

So this next week, I'm focusing on getting my home in order. We are down to the nitty gritty...the stuff that was shoved in the hall closet because it had no other designated place. My job this week is to sort through it all, get rid of what I don't need, and reorganize it so that it can be put logically back into the closet and so that I will never have to organize it again! This will probably take me a few more days, then I will be moving into the tornado aftermath that I'm calling my children's bedroom. It has been a bit of a free-for-all in there, and I'm going to be putting a swift and final end to that.

Sunset over Haifa
By the end of this next week, I expect my friend and I will have whipped the office and kids' bedrooms into shape, and my brain will finally be free to concentrate on writing again. I am so grateful for those of you who read my blog every week, even when I'm not writing about beautiful things like jewelry and queens of old. I am also grateful for those of you who stop by once in awhile to check in on me. I look forward to giving all of you my full attention two Wednesdays from now.

Until then, I wish for you (and me) focus, clarity of thought, direction, purpose, and the strength, joy, enthusiasm, and energy to pursue those things which most need your attention this week.

~Angela

P.S. I had an interesting revelation about the word sabbatical and its close relation to the word shabbat (sabbath). That makes all kinds of sense to me now!

Shabbat Candles

No comments:

Post a Comment