Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Revisiting "Has Anyone Seen My Tiara?"

Amethyst Afterglow

Excerpt from original post:
This weekend I lost my tiara. It seems like it all started when my best girls and I decided to do a yard sale this past Saturday. We spent all of last week sorting and compiling our stuff. With oodles of things and three very busy ladies, we pulled it together by the skin of our teeth. We broke many yard sale rules, and needless to say we made very little money....


As though that weren't enough, I further complicated my weekend by starting a new job. I have to admit that this was the worst possible weekend for me to tackle this very flexible, could-have-waited-until-next-weekend job. I have enjoyed it thoroughly, but I have learned another valuable lesson. Even though I can do a lot in one weekend, it's not wise for me to do so much....


Ruby Red Dogwood


A true queen envisions her day and makes a plan. She recruits the help she needs and makes sure that she doesn't overbook her calendar. A true queen knows in her heart that she sets an example for those around her. Sure, she could be super woman and do it all herself, but she wouldn't want those around her to feel like they had to succumb to the pressure and stress that being super woman entails. I want to be a true queen, so I am determined to learn from my mistakes rather than beat myself up over them.

Ruby Couture

So the topic of today's blog is not a queen of old, but the lessons I've learned this week about overbooking and overworking yourself and how to recover without laying in bed for a week. Even though I have momentarily lost sight of my tiara and I very much did trade my ball gown in for armor this week, I have learned some very important lessons about being a queen. Here is what I've learned from my weekend:

1. Stick to your plan.
2. Know your limits.
3. Conserve energy.
4. Put first things first.


Roberto Coin Montage


I am very grateful that I'm seeing the sparkle of my tiara once again, and I'm making lemonade out of the lemons of my weekend. I'm enjoying hearing my children play and sing, and I'm about to go make them dinner. Before I do, though, I wanted to highlight the photos in my blog this week. This is part of my new job. Once a month I will be making several of these collages with inventory from my brother's website and from Polyvore's database. Besides some amazing moments with my kids, working on these collages was the highlight of a very stressful week. Creativity really is an outlet for stress. How blessed I am that it has become such a large part of the working segment of my life.

Gucci Azure

2 comments:

  1. My favorite of these are creating a schedule and knowing your limits, both are pearls when mastered! I like this very real post, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would honestly have to say about your last weekend that in my years gone by, "Been there, done that!" I finally learned to pace myself, and it feels so good when I do that regularly. Makes me and everyone else much happier!

    I have been unable to view any of the photos you have "within" your blog this week. Neither can I get the "Polyvore" website to load . . . am I doing something wrong? Just curious . . .

    ReplyDelete