Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Human Interlude

Focused Research
Photo Credit: Swinburne


I'm taking another research hiatus. I have found it difficult in delving so deep into the foundations of the history behind the queen, that I feel I have lost focus on our queen a bit. Please enjoy these, some of my favorite quotes from the past few posts, as a reminder of where we've been and where we're going.
Photo Credit: Antique Amethyst Jewelry 


"The Victorian Era is rich in its history, in its jewelry, and in its study of a great queen. I must admit that it is a bit overwhelming for me to determine how to navigate us through this tumultuous and exciting period of history without losing our main focus of learning how to become a queen."


Photo Credit: Insects(dot)org



"Given to dramatic flair and passionate sentimentality, QueenVictoria is truly a most violent example of romantic idealism colliding with reality in the most devastating way. I hope to honor her with every word, and I want you to know right from the start that I have great compassion and empathy for her. I can see how she came to be the way she was, yet my heart aches and is even angered by her staunch refusal to grow up and stop being the victim in her life. She locked herself away in a prison of bitterness and resentment, and she missed her chance to really shine."






"Queen Victoria’s mother and father were definitely the most important people in Victoria’s young life. In addition to these two, there was also her uncle, William IV; her uncle, King Leopold of Belgium; her uncle, George IV; and her mother’s comptroller, Sir John Conroy. Every single one of these people served as a transitional figure between the Georgian Era and the Victorian Era. Combined with the social climate, the laws of court, and the political climate of her day, these figures made our queen who she was."

No comments:

Post a Comment